Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shrinkage and Meat Slam Pt. 1

I’ve been taking Prednisone and Cyclophosphamide for two days now and they have already made a significant impact on the lymphadenopathy in my neck. The supraclavicular lymph node that had grown to ~7cm and was causing me significant discomfort is now about 4.5cm and painless. In addition I haven’t had a fever since starting the drugs although the night sweats persist.

My first chemo has moved due to a conflict with my port install. I will now receive my port on March 29th and chemo 1A on April 1st. A port or portcath is a medical appliance installed beneath the skin that connects a catheter to a vein. This will allow me to receive IV drugs and have blood drawn without using veins in my arm. The benefit of using a port is prevention of damage to veins and eliminating the risk of drug leakage into muscles (leakage can cause permanent muscle damage).



 









During chemo I will not be permitted to eat raw fish or raw meat due to risk of infection.  Six months without sushi or rare beef requires some preparation; I started this today at The Keg.

16oz of sexy:

No comments:

Post a Comment